Sunday 6 April 2014

Review: Storm in a Cocoon [3.8/5]



Storm in a Cocoon



Reasons to watch: The marvelous chemistry between Tavia and Steven that does not require kisses; The suspense and mystery; The breathtaking scenery - a good change from the normal beach to something much more tropical

Cons: The ending... yes, the ending. Spoiled the whole drama. The starting is also a little slow, but bear with it and you'll reap the fruit of your patience.

Recommended if you are looking for a nice drama with suspense and mystery, and of course some cheesy but good romance.

Rating: 3.8/5 (I would've rated it 4 if not for the ending...)

This was, if I would say, one of the best drama in the recent years.... if you ignore the ending. Although it started off a little slow for me, everything really starts off after the death of the second sister. It has everything I want in a good drama: a main character I like (Steven fan alert :P); a good tang of suspense and mystery; a suitable main pairing with marvelous chemistry; an epic theme song.

Steven Ma did an awesome job in portraying the charismatic Third Master Poon Ka Yeung. He totally stole the limelight for me.

The ending... was the turn off. What with (spoilers! spoilers!) the flood and the memory loss... and the last scene, it was like Beyond the Realm of Conscience all over again! Memory loss, the man and the woman and their child, sing a song and 'oh, look! I think I remember you but I'm not going to tell you because the series ends right here!'. Because no matter how much of a 'different and bittersweet ending' fan I am, I cannot help but wish for a truly happy and normal (no matter how boring it is) ending for this sweet couple who has suffer so very much....

Overall, this is a recommended watch. One of the best drama of TVB in recent years, as I've said. Certainly the current best of the year. It certainly isn't a waste of time to watch this series.

PS, yes, I know it's a short review. A very short review compared to my previous review of Bounty Lady. Ah well....

Oh, and did I mention the theme song? Yes, I think I did... But it's just so... epic. Piano is a truly epic instrument to use in a song if you know how to utilize it. Plus, what can go wrong with Steven Ma's absolutely awesome voice? He sings it so well...

1 comment:

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you said.
    Your favourite justification seemed to be at the internet the simplest factor to bear in mind of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the same time
    as other people consider concerns that they just do not recognize about.

    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the entire thing without having side-effects , other
    folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to
    get more. Thank you

    Feel free to visit my blog ... test

    ReplyDelete